Sunday, June 14, 2015

Look, look! A book, MY book!

Wow, I thought this day would never come! I am so excited to share this great news with everyone. If you were wondering what the heck I've been doing with all my free time, this is it!  I have my first book coming out with Martingale Publishing in October 2015. And here it is!

Many of you know that I have been a quilter for quite some time and have had a lot of fun publishing my quilts in various magazines over the last couple of years. I started to look at my projects in a different light and thought, hey! I might have something here! So I took the plunge, wrote up a submission proposal, sent it in and that's it. No, not at all actually! It takes a lot of w-o-r-k! But what they say is true, if you really love what you are doing it shouldn't feel like work at all and I love to quilt. Write, proof, edit, and edit some more, maybe not so much, but I'm ready for the real fun to begin!
 
Truly, I can't believe it myself. It has been such a great learning experience so far. I have been working with a great group of professionals at Martingale and I won't lie, it is really cool! The first time I saw the cover concept they came up with, I could hardly breathe!
 
So, as this project is coming closer and closer to it's official birthday on October 15, 2015, I'm looking forward to giving you some more sneak peeks at all the goodies inside! But for now, join me in a big yippee and let's go sew something!
 
Happy Quilting,
 
Tonya

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! Are you going to do a blog hop to celebrate your book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Are you going to do a blog hop to celebrate your book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allison,
      Thanks! Yes, I plan to do a blog hop - big learning curve on my end! Probably in early November after Quilt Market :)

      Delete
  3. I love the way you write about the experience of book writing Tonya! It is a cover to take your breath away, LOL.

    ReplyDelete