Thursday, March 6, 2014

Sue Spargo at the Museum

We so often take for granted the gems we have in our own backyard. This is definitely true for me. My little corner of the world is home to the wonderful La Conner Quilt Museum. I usually get there at least a couple of times a year and recently went down with friends to see the Sue Spargo exhibit and wow!

The museum is worthy of a visit any time but this exhibit is a must-see, if you can. The exhibit runs through March 23, 2014. From what I understand, it is the first and largest collective showing of her work in one place.


So inspiring. I have always been a great admirer of her work but seeing such a collection up close and personal was awesome. Before quilting, I did a fair amount of needlework and even though I don't spend much time on it at the moment, I still really love it and appreciate the amazing creativity.

Sue's work is right up my color alley and the detail is .... well, just plain beautiful.



Happy stitching,

Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment